Trip Countdown

Sunday 6 October 2013

11 more work days left

With the final plans now loosely laid out. It is 18 days until we fly off for our little adventure, which equates to 11 more work days. An as many from work know, the countdown timer has pride of place on my desktop.

I find myself struck down with the flu, so forever trying to keep the husband away from me so he does not catch it and then give it back to me.

I went to my doctor to get a script for my medication and also the maxalon for my cruise, that was a bit of a saga with the numpties substituting all my meds for some other brand. I called them on it straight away and they told me not to worry it's the same stuff, and if it doesn't work I can bring it back.

After a week of taking my regular medication I find that no it's not the same and I am  getting symptoms that it's not working, so I take it back to the chemist who tell me they will not take it back because it has been a week.  Now It has been a very cranky two weeks at work, so I am not in the best of moods, then I have the flu on top of this and thus not sleeping well.

I started out calmly explaining what I had been told last week, and them saying I can buy a whole new prescription, which pissed me off further as I never asked for a substitute in the first place, back and forth this went for about 10 minutes and then I really cracked the shits. Needless to say I left with my right medication.

I also popped into the cheap shop to get a bag for a present and found these little whiteboard stickers. Brought a pack of them as they are much lighter than the whiteboard we purchased.



The Aussie souvenir shop was having a sale on little koalas with boomerangs, so I grabbed a few packs of them.



The US shutdown has become a bit of a pain in the ass, as they have shut down all the websites along with all the national parks etc... so makes it hard to find opening hours

No comments:

Post a Comment