Trip Countdown

Wednesday 16 October 2013

How things change

So the US is still in shut down mode and travel insurance saying they will only reimburse for tours unable to be complete, I said last week that I would leave it till the week before we fly out to decide if we change our plans.

On the positive the grand canyon has been reopened and will be run by the state, so we are still scheduled to attend that depends on the day how the operator will be due to the current dispute with the CC company. But overall the government is still in talks.

thus, we made the decision to spend what would have been our drive across America and see the sites portion of the trip, in Jamaica soaking up the sun in an All Inclusive resort.  So far it has worked out really well, as we are staying at the Sandals Montego Bay Resort, which was having 65% off so instead of paying a whopping $10,416 ( making this a resort that we would never be able to set foot in) we scored an Oceanfront Honeymoon Club Level Room with whirlpool for $3,831.00.

The bonus of this is it includes everything as well as unlimited scuba diving ( this is what sold me), so I will be getting in as much bottom time as possible.

I got multi city flights going from Orlando to Montego Bay to Las Vegas for the final leg of the trip and Nando has picked THE Hotel Mandalay Bay to stay in for the final leg. We managed to get  a nice suite room with two bathrooms for $381 for the final 4 nights and it includes parking.

We will be hiring a car for the last stint so I can get all my last minute shopping in. 

well that is the latest and with going to bed at 3-4 am for the last 3-4 nights so I can call the states. I'm going to call tonight an early night at 12:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment