Trip Countdown

Sunday 13 October 2013

US Government Shut down :(

With the US government still in shut down mode, I made a call to the travel insurance to see what can be done.

Travel insurance have said they will reimburse any tours that we can no longer go on due to the shut down, but we are unable to postpone the trip until things have reopened.

So we have been waiting and waiting to see what will happen as majority of the trip is the drive back across the country stopping in various locations along the way.

 with 11 days until we fly out, we have made the decision to pull the plug on the drive and spend the time in the Caribbean somewhere and then fly back to Vegas on the 25th to spend Nando's birthday in Vegas and do my final lot of shopping.

Funnily enough that works out a lot cheaper than the original plan, so more spending money.

We are looking at another Adults only resort in the Sandals chain in Jamaica, they are all inclusive and even include up to 3 scuba dives a day, they also have a sister resort called Beaches which is family friendly, so has awesome looking water parks in their resorts, which we can access. So we can go over use the water park and then escape to the safety of no screaming kids in the Sandals resorts.

Bonus is that they have 65% off at the moment as well so is a crap load cheaper again. Makes planning a lot easier as well, I can transfer the car booking deposit to get a car while we are in Vegas for all our shopping, then all I need to do is decide on the resort book that and book accommodation for our last days in Vegas.

I am starting to think about what I want to pack, but with not being able to do the grand canyon and red rock canyon stuff, I now have 2 days that I can go shopping on to buy clothes for the trip.

I want to get some more swimmers as I learnt on my last cruise, that one pair is not enough lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment